Please follow the instructions below to prepare your pet for their upcoming ultrasound.
If your pet’s ultrasound is being done as a scheduled visit, this will be an outpatient imaging procedure. Our ultrasounds are performed in house, by a board certified veterinarian who will communicate their findings with the pet owner at the time of the visit. Anticipate a visit time of approximately 1 hour.
- Your pet does not have to alter their schedule for a cardiac ultrasound
- This test is performed without sedation so that the doctor may see how the heart performs under normal conditions.
- Your pet will receive a sedative for this imagining procedure
- Please withhold food for 6 hours prior to this appointment
- Please attempt to bring your pet in with a fuller bladder. While it is not necessary to prevent urination all day, it is beneficial to imaging when there is some urine in the bladder. A couple hours of restricting bathroom breaks along with preventing urination while walking into the building should be sufficient.
- Your pets sedative will be reversed following the imaging procedure but many pets will stay groggy for several hours. This is normal.